Traffic Tickets

The Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office is responsible for prosecuting all criminal matters in Onondaga County, including Vehicle and Traffic (V&T) violations. You may hire an attorney to represent you regarding your V&T matter. Otherwise, unless you have been charged with Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs (DWAI), you may choose to act on your own behalf.  By doing so you have two options:

  1. You may plead guilty to the charge against you.  You can offer any explanation to the judge at your sentencing.
  2. You may write to the Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office Municipal Courts Bureau-Traffic to request a possible reduction of the traffic charge(s).

Read the following Instructions for Application to Amend Traffic Infraction(s) carefully. Failure to follow these instructions exactly will result in no response from the District Attorney’s Office.  The process will have to be started all over again and your case will be delayed, possibly resulting in a suspended license.