Traffic Tickets

The Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office is responsible for prosecuting all criminal matters in Onondaga County, including Vehicle and Traffic (V&T) violations. You may hire an attorney to represent you regarding your V&T matter. Otherwise, unless you have been charged with Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs (DWAI), you may choose to act on your own behalf.  By doing so you have two options:

  1. You may plead guilty to the charge against you.  You can offer any explanation to the judge at your sentencing.
  2. You may submit your ticket electronically to the Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office to request a possible reduction of the traffic charge(s) by completing the form below.

Be advised that you will be required to upload a copy of your ticket and a copy of your  Driver’s Abstract in order to submit your request.  See Description of Abstract of Driving Record for a description of what a driver’s abstract is.  You may order your New York State Driver’s Abstract by going to   

If the ticket involved a motor vehicle accident, you will be required to upload a letter from your insurance company stating all property/personal injury damages have been paid in full.

Contact the District Attorney’s Office with any questions regarding this procedure.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –